Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hospitalization Leave: What to plan ahead?

Tonite (errr...i mean, this morning) commemorates my 2nd weeks of hospitalization leave after ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) surgery which I gone through end of January. Due to this surgery, i was forbidden to take hot and spicy foods which happen to be my favorite and given 1 week ( to be extend weekly according to latest situation). Ah, what im gonna do during this leave without doing things i enjoyed much, eating?? To be frank, my 2nd weeks of the leave just plain boring with my daily routine of wake up a bit late than usual, send my daughter to taska, having breakfast either McDonald (which i think i can handle the oily hash brown, but i was wrong), makcik kuih, nasi lemak (this one really challenging my recovering tastebud!) or just having plain water, then i watch Astro until noon, get cleaned and dressed, go out for lunch (limited selection due to my condition), pick up daughter and so on, repeated day by day. However, i really thank God that once i took haruan fish+see cucumber pure extract daily, my surgery wound recover quicker than i ever imagine, just imagine 2nd day after i took it i can enjoy McD filet-o-fish (barely, but i can say consumable up to 90%) and Subway Club sandwich with mayonaisse + hot chilli sauce on 3rd day. And proudly yesterday i ordered and ate one of my favourite, sambal pedas petai with plain rice which almost 90% finished though it really burn my throat. However, i think i did it so quick that it may affect my recovery process, so i guess i might slow down a little bit. By the way, this surgery thing make me really appreciate what i temporary loss, my tastebud. i just cant imagine my world and ours without the ability to taste everything i want and i did before and i thank God for this. I swear to myself i wont let this sense of taste gone again and use it wisely. Well, 2 days more for my 2nd appointment with Dr Hazim at KPJ Selangor, i hope i'll get my last 1 week of rest before i resume work the other week, so hopefully when i got it, i will use it wisely and fill it with better things to do other than just sit in front of TV. Maybe I'll try to shoot photo of my 1:64 scale car collection which i dreamed of doing it long time ago. God, please let the doc extend another 1 week of my hospitalization week....amin!

No comments: